Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Crockpot Creation

I am determined to create great meals with what I have on hand.... So here is what I came up with for tonights dinner:

Crockpot Smoked Sausage and Cabbage

1/2 head cabbage-chopped
1 onion-chopped
3 turkey sausage links-chopped
1 cup broth
1/2 tsp mustard pwd
1 tbsp brown sugar
salt and pepper

Layer the cabbage, onion and sausage in the crockpot. Whisk together the broth, mustard pwd, vinegar and brown sugar; pour over slow cooker ingredients. Sprinklw with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with potatoes and a tossed salad, if desired.

I will serve this with some instant mashed potatoes that were free with coupons. The sausage was pretty inexpensive with coupons too so the cost for this meal is probably less than a dollar.

1 comments:

Rachael said...

Looks yummy~we do something similar in the skillet, but I'll have to try this!

We're having Taco Soup in the crockpot for our dinner tonight! I had to walk to Albertson's though because I forgot the canned corn! :)