Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday



I have set up my coupon/price book folder. I have used things that I already had at home. There is a section for non-food coupons, food coupons, rebates, receipts and my price book. I will soon add the formulas that will let me know how much it costs to make things from scratch. Then I can compare prices at the store(sales and coupons) with what it costs to make it. Right now, I know that it costs me $.32 a serving to make my cream soup from scratch. So if I can get cans of it for less than that, it is a good deal. If not, make it from scratch...... So I need to get out my measuring cups and spoons to figure out all of the other things I make from scratch. So this is my binder..... WORKS FOR ME!
Here is the recipe for cream soup mix:
2 cups powdered milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup chicken bouillon
1 tsp. onion pwd.
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp pepper
Combine and store in an airtight container. To use for any recipe calling for a can of cream soup, mix 1/3 cup mix and 1 1/4 cup water. Boil for a few minutes, stirring often.
This recipe is from the Miserly Moms book.

0 comments: