Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crockpot Recipes

I am determined to use my crockpot more often. I find the evenings less stressful when I use it. It is also a great way to create delicious, healthy meals that wont bust the family budget.
Here is what we are having tonight:

Crockpot Barley Casserole


1 cup uncooked pearl barley
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 1/4 cup water
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1 green pepper -- chopped
1 onion -- chopped
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 cups broth

Combine in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until barley and vegetables are tender.

Serve with wheat rolls.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

was it good? Thanks for the soup mix by the way...we had it last night! I am going to serve the leftovers over brown rice with sour cream in a few days (its frozen now:)!

Frugal Passions said...

It was very good. I had to stir it before serving, other than that, it was great. We will be doing that one again.