Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"Coupon Meals"


My friend Rachael and I have challenged ourselves to put meals together using ingredients that came from the coupon deals that we have accumulated. I have been doing it all week but forgot to take pictures... Until last night... I made the main dish in my crockpot. I broiled 4 hamburger patties that I got from Omaha Steaks for about $1, then cut them up. I put them in the crockpot with 3 cans worth of homemade cream soup that I used progresso soup broth to make. I added some chopped onion, salt and pepper and sprinkled a little parsley on top and cooked it all on low for 8 hours. When done, I mixed it with some noodles and served it with peas, peaches and biscuits. It was very good! It tasted like beef strogonoff.
My other challenge to myself is to use my crockpot for a week, except for Thanksgiving. So tonight, I am making lentil soup in the crockpot with pumpkin dinner rolls. Hopefully, I remember to take a picture! :)

0 comments: